Daily Current Affair Quiz: 22nd January 2020
1. Which of the following statements are true?
1. National Career Service is an initiative of the Department of Personnel and Training, Government of India.
2. National Career Service has been launched in a Mission Mode to improve the employment opportunities to uneducated youth of the country.
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
- NCS is organised by Ministry of labour and employment. NCS is a National ICT based portal developed primarily to connect the opportunities with the aspirations of youth. This portal facilitates registration of job seekers, job providers, skill providers, career counsellors, etc.(its not an exclusive project for un educated youth.)
2. If you want to see gharials in their natural habitat, which one of the following is the best place to visit?
(a) Bhitarkanika Mangroves
(b) Chambal River
(c) Pulicat Lake
(d) Deepor Beel
- National Chambal Sanctuary, also called the National Chambal Gharial Wildlife Sanctuary, is a tri-state protected area in northern India for the protection of the Critically Endangered gharial, the red-crowned roof turtle and the Endangered Ganges river dolphin. Located on the Chambal River near the tripoint of Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
3. Which of the following practices can help in water conservation in agriculture?
1. Reduced or zero tillage of the land
2. Applying gypsum before irrigating the field
3. Allowing crop residue to remain in the field
(a) 1 only
(b) 3 only
(c) 1 and 2 only
(d) 1,2 and 3
- Tillage of the land:Tillage is the agricultural preparation of soil by mechanical agitation of various types, such as digging, stirring, and overturning. Examples of human-powered tilling methods using hand tools include shovelling, picking, mattock work, hoeing, and raking.It enhances the moisture retained in the soil.It enhances raising crops without irrigation,hence it is the traditional technique used in dry land farming.
- Gypsum is used for regulating the PH of the soil. It is possible to reclaim alkaline soils by adding gypsum.
- Leaving higher levels of crop residue and doing less tillage can increase the soil water balance by increasing the amount of water that infiltrates the soil from irrigation or precipitation, and decreasing the amount of water that runs off the soil surface. More residue and less tillage also reduce the rate of evaporation of water from the soil. Maintaining residue on the soil surface and doing less tillage can significantly reduce the amount of irrigation water needed to grow a crop.
4. Caspian sea borders with
(a) Kyrgyzstan, Iran, Russia, Georgia, Uzbekistan
(b) Russia, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Iran and Azerbaijan
(c) Kyrgyzstan, Iran and Azerbaijan and Georgia
(d) Russia, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Iran and Uzbekistan
- The sea is bordered in the northeast by Kazakhstan, in the southeast by Turkmenistan, in the south by Iran, in the southwest by Azerbaijan, and in the northwest by Russia
5. What is the application of Somatic Cell CJ Nuclear Transfer Technology?
(a) Production of biolarvicides
(b) Manufacture of biodegradable plastics
(c) Reproductive cloning of animals
(d) Production of organisms free of diseases
- Somatic cell nuclear transfer. In genetics and developmental biology, somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT) is a laboratory technique for creating an ovum with a donor nucleus.
- It can be used in embryonic stem cell research, or in regenerative medicine where it is sometimes referred to as “therapeutic cloning.”