Daily Current Affair Quiz: 28th August 2019
1. Island of Borneo is located at?
- The capital of Indonesia, which is Jakarta at present, will be relocated to the province of East Kalimantan on the lesser populated island of Borneo.
- The relocation is meant to reduce the burden on Jakarta, which has been facing problems such as poor quality air, traffic gridlocks and is particularly prone to flooding.
2. Rhododendrons can be found at?
(a) Eastern Himalayas
(b) Western Himalayas
(d) All of the above
- Rhododendron is a large genus of flowering plants and is found mainly in Eastern Himalayas, Western Himalayas and Nilgiris.
- Some plants of Rhododendron are evergreen and some are deciduous in nature.
- The species is found in varied habitats from subtropical forest to alpine shrubs, rhododendrons range from dwarf shrubs to large trees.
- The studies on the flowering cycle have revealed that they are prominent indicators of climate change.
3. Which of the following statements are true?
1. The Eastern Economic Forum was established by Decree of the President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin in 2015.
2. In accordance with the Decree, the Eastern Economic Forum takes place each year in Vladivostok.
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
- PM Narendra Modi has been invited as the chief guest of the Eastern Economic Forum in Vladivostok by Russian President Vladimir Putin on September 5.
- The Eastern Economic Forum was established by Decree of the President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin in 2015.
- In accordance with the Decree, the Eastern Economic Forum takes place each year in Vladivostok.
- Every year, the Eastern Economic Forum serves as a platform for the discussion of key issues in the world economy, regional integration, and the development of new industrial and technological sectors, as well as of the global challenges facing Russia and other nations.
4. Janaushadhi Sugam Mobile application is launched by?
(a) Ministry for Chemicals and Fertilizers
(b) Ministry of Women and Child Development
(c) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
(d) Ministry of Social Justice
- Union Ministry for Chemicals and Fertilizers has launched a mobile application “Janaushadhi Sugam”.
- The application aims to enable people to search Janaushadhi generic medicines and the stores at the tip of their fingers.
- It will also help analyse product comparison of Generic vs Branded medicine in form of MRP & overall Savings.
5. The Global Childhood Report is released by
(a) Children’s Rights and You
(b) Human Rights Watch
(c) Save the Children
(d) UN-Children’s Right Forum
- India ranks 113 of 176 countries on the End of Childhood Index. It is part of the Global Childhood Report released by Save the Children, a nonprofit that works for child rights.