Daily Current Affair Quiz: 5th September 2019
1. Global Liveability Index is published by
(a) Economic Intelligence Unit
(c) World Bank
(d) World Cities Net Work
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) has released the Global Liveability Index 2019.
- The index ranks 140 global cities based on their living conditions.
2. Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index is published by?
(b) World Bank
(c) Economic Intelligence Unit
(d) World Cities Network
- India has moved up six places to rank 34th on the World Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index 2019, released by the World Economic Forum.
3. Which of the following statements are true?
1. Dadabhai Naoroji is called the “Grand Old Man of India.”
2. He served as the first Indian member of the British parliament.
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
- September 4, 2019 was the 194th birth anniversary of Dadabhai Naoroji, the “Grand Old Man of India”, who was among the first leaders who stirred national consciousness in the country.
- He served as the first Indian member of the British parliament.
4. Nuakhai festival is celebrated by the people of?
- It is the Harvesting festival of Odisha
- The festival of nuakhai is a festival to celebrate newly harvested food by the farmers.
5. Minerva Mills v. Union of India case is associated with?
(a) Fundamental Rights
(b) Fundamental Duties
(c) Basic Structure of the Constitution
(d) Collegium system of Supreme Court
- Minerva Mills Ltd. and Ors. v. Union Of India and Ors. is a landmark decision of the Supreme Court of India that applied and evolved the basic structure doctrine of the Constitution of India. In the Minerva Mills case, the Supreme Court provided key clarifications on the interpretation of the basic structure doctrine.