Daily Current Affair Quiz: 6th August 2019
1. Which of the following pairs are correctly matched
1. Nakshi Kantha – West Bengal
2. Navalgund Durries – Karnataka
3. Chamba rumal – Himachal Pradesh
(a) 1 only
(b) 1 and 2 only
(c) 1,2 and 3
(d) 1 and 3 only
- All are GI and States
2. The English Channel is situated at
(a) Island of Britain and Northern France
(b) Island of Britain and Spain
(c) Northern France and Spain
(d) Norway and UK
- The English Channel is a part of the Atlantic Ocean.
- It separates the island of Britain (part of the UK) from northern Franceand joins the North Sea to the Atlantic Ocean.
- It’s approximately 350 miles long, and at its narrowest in the Strait of Dover.
3. Which of the following statements are true?
1. Under POCSO act the attempt to commit an offence has been made liable for punishment for upto half the punishment prescribed for the commission of the offence.
2. It is a Punishable action if Police / Special Juvenile Police Unit fails to report a commission of the offence under this act.
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
- In order to effectively address the heinous crimes of sexual abuse and sexual exploitation of children through less ambiguous and more stringent legal provisions, the Ministry of Women and Child Development championed the introduction of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, 2012.
- The attempt to commit an offence under the Act has been made liable for punishment for upto half the punishment prescribed for the commission of the offence.
- The Act also provides for punishment for abetment of the offence, which is the same as for the commission of the offence.
- The Act makes it mandatory to report commission of an offence and also the recording of complaint and failure to do so would make a person liable for punishment of imprisonment for six months or / and with fine. 18.1t is a Punishable action if Police / Special Juvenile Police Unit fails to report a commission of the offence under this act
4. Project Sampark is related to?
(a) Border Road Organisation
(b) Indian council of Medical Research
(c) Department of Social Welfare
(d) Textiles Industry
- It was raised by Border Roads Organisation (BRO) in 1975 with its Headquarters at Jammu.
- It has an area of responsibility from Pir Panjal Range (in north) to Pathankot (in south) and from Poonch (in west) to Dalhousie (in east), covering about 2200 km of road network.
5. Theravada and Zen schools are associated with?
- It is the most ancient branch of extant Buddhism today.
- It remains closest to the original teachings of the Buddha.
- Theravada Buddhism developed in Sri Lanka and subsequently spread to the rest of Southeast Asia.
- Zen is a school of Mahayana Buddhism that originated in China during the Tang dynasty as the Chan school of Chinese Buddhism in and later developed into various schools.