Daily Current Affair Quiz: 7th August 2019
1. Marrakesh Treaty is associated with
(a) Intellectual Property Rights
(b) Biological Weapons
(c) Protection of Pollinators
(d) Eliminating Tuberculosis
- The Marrakesh VIP Treaty is a treaty on copyright adopted in Marrakesh, Morocco, on 28 June 2013
2. Sunda strait is located between
(a) Java and Sumatra
(b) Sumatra and Nicobar Island
(c) Malaysia and Sumatra
(d) Nicobar and Sumatra
- The Sunda Strait is the strait between the Indonesian islands of Java and Sumatra. It connects the Java Sea to the Indian Ocean.
3. Which of the following statements are true?
1. West Nile Virus (WNV) is a member of Japanese encephalitis antigenic complex.
2. It can cause neurological disease and death in people.
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
- West Nile Virus (WNV) is a member of Japanese encephalitis antigenic complex, which can cause neurological disease and death in people.
- WNV is commonly found in Africa, Europe, the Middle East, North America and West Asia.
- WNV is maintained in nature in a cycle involving transmission between birds and mosquitoes, Humans, horses and other mammals can be infected.
4. SWAYATT initiative is launched by?
(a) Ministry of Commerce and Industries
(b) Ministry of Labour and Employment
(c) Ministry of Law and Justice
(d) Ministry of Human Resource Development
- It is an initiative launched by the Ministry of Commerce and Industries.
- It is to promote Start-ups, Women and Youth Advantage Through e-transactions on Government e Marketplace (GeM).
- This will bring together the key stakeholders within the Indian entrepreneurial ecosystem to GeM.
5. CAR-T associated with?
(d) Tetralogy of Fallot
- An 11-year-old has become the first patient to receive CAR-T therapy (immunotherapy) that uses the body’s own cells to fight cancer.
- CAR-T is a personalized form of cancer treatment.
- CAR-T involves removing immune cells and modifying them in a laboratory so they can recognize cancer cells.
- Immunotherapy is treatment that uses your body’s own immune system to help fight cancer