Daily Current Affairs Quiz: 27th August 2019
1. Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership is related to?
- The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) is a proposed free trade agreement being negotiated by 16 countries. The members include ten member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) — Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam — and China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand.
2. NELP and HELP Is related to?
(a) 2+2 dialogue with USA
(b) Exploration and production of all forms of hydrocarbons
(c) UN Environment policy to Combat Desertification
(d) Policies for betterment of literacy among PVTs
- Hydrocarbon Exploration and Licensing Policy, provides uniform licences for exploration and production of all forms of hydrocarbons, enabling contractors to explore conventional as well as unconventional oil and gas resources.
- The Hydrocarbon Exploration and Licensing Policy (HELP) replacing the erstwhile New Exploration Licensing Policy (NELP) was approved in March 2016 and the Open Acreage Licensing Programme (OALP) along with the National Data Repository (NDR) were launched in June 2017 as the key drivers to accelerate the Exploration and Production (E&P) activities in India.
3. Which of the following statements are true?
1. The largest crater on the Moon is called South Pole-Aitkin Basin.
2. Because of the Moon’s lack of water, atmosphere, and tectonic plates, there is high rate of- erosion.
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
- The largest crater on the Moon is called South Pole-Aitkin Basin. It’s about 1,600 miles across (2,500 kilometers). It’s also among the oldest of the Moon’s impact basins and formed just a few hundred million years or so after the Moon itself was formed.
- Because of the Moon’s lack of water, atmosphere, and tectonic plates, there is little erosion, and craters are found that exceed two billion years in age.
4. Which of the following countries is not a member of G7 countries?
- The summit gathers leaders from the European Union (EU) and the following countries:
- the United Kingdom
- the United States
5. Asian small-clawed as well as smooth-coated otters have been included in Appendix I of CITES. What is their conservation status under IUCN’s Red list?
(d) Critically endangered
- Asian small-clawed as well as smooth-coated otters have been included in Appendix I of CITES.
- IUCN status: Both species are classified on the International Union for the Conservation of Nature, or IUCN’s Red List of Threatened Species, as facing a ‘high risk of extinction in the wild’ and are listed as ‘vulnerable’.