Daily Current Affairs Quiz: 30th August 2019
1. SFURTI Scheme is associated with?
(a) Regeneration of Traditional Industries
(b) Women and Child Development
(c) Technology initiative to revive SHGs
(d) Railway Modernisation
- SFURTI is Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries. Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Govt. of India has launched this scheme in the year 2005 with the view to promote Cluster development
2. It is one of the eight classical dances of India that developed and remained popular in the state of Kerala. It is traditionally a solo dance performed by women after extensive training. Identify the dance form?
- Mohiniyattam’s roots, like all classical Indian dances, are in the Natya Shastra – the ancient Hindu Sanskrit text on performance arts. However, it follows the Lasya style described in Natya Shastra, that is a dance which is delicate, eros-filled and feminine.
- It is traditionally a solo dance performed by women after extensive training. The repertoire of Mohiniyattam includes music in the Carnatic style, singing and acting a play through the dance, where the recitation may be either by a separate vocalist or the dancer herself. The song is typically in Malayalam-Sanskrit hybrid called Manipravalam.
3. Which of the following statements are true?
1. When the radio frequency spectrum is disturbed by an external source it affects an electrical circuit by electromagnetic induction, it is called as Electromagnetic Interference.
2. Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) is a short burst of electromagnetic energy.
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
- Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP). It is a short burst of electromagnetic energy.A pulse’s origin may be a natural or man-made in occurrence.It has the potential to disrupt, degrade, and damage technology and critical infrastructure systems.
- At higher energy levels a powerful EMP event such as a lightning strike can damage physical objects such as buildings and aircraft structures.
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI): When the radio frequency spectrum is disturbed by an external source it affects an electrical circuit by electromagnetic induction,it is called as Electromagnetic Interference.
- The disturbance may degrade the performance of the circuit or even stop it from functioning.Both man-made and natural sources can be generated by changing electrical currents and voltages which can create EMI. It can be used intentionally for radio jamming especially in electronic warfare.
4. The Geographical Indications Registry has granted the Geographical Indication (GI) tag to two products Dindigul lock and Kandangi saree, Which of the following states has bagged the GI Tag for this products?
(a) Tamil Nadu
- The Geographical Indications Registry has granted the Geographical Indication (GI) tag to two products from Tamil Nadu: Dindigul lock and Kandangi saree.
- The Dindigul locks are known throughout the world for their superior quality and durability, so much so that even the city (Dindigul) is called Lock City.
5. Campaign Angikaar is launched by?
(a) The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
(b) The Ministry of Women and Child Development
(c) The Ministry of HRD
(d) None of the above
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has launched two initiatives: Angikaar, a campaign for behavioural change and an e-Course on ‘Vulnerability Atlas of India’.