Daily Questions: 9th March 2019
1. Which of the following statements are true?
1. The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is an international financial institution that offers investment, advisory, and asset management services.
2. It is a member of the World Bank Group.
3. The IFC is owned and governed by its member countries.
(a) 1 only
(b) 1 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 2 only
(d) 1,2 and 3
2. White Label ATMs are?
(a) Non-bank entities owned ATMs
(b) Cash deposits accepted ATMs
(c) Both a and b
(d) None of the above
3. Which of the following statements are true?
1. Women’s participation in the country’s workforce has had a massive fall from 36.7 % in 2005 to a low 26 % in 2018
2. There are about 19.5 crore women employed in the unorganized sector or in unpaid work in the country.
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
4. Match the following
1. Khurja Super Thermal Power Project A-Uttar Pradesh.
2. Buxar Thermal Power Project B-Bihar.
3. Teesta Hydro Power project C-Sikkim.
4. Kiru Hydro Electric (HE) Project D-Jammu and Kashmir.
5. Web- Wonder Women Campaign is associated with?
(b) Face book
1. Ans: d
• It is a member of the World Bank Group and is headquartered in Washington, D.C., United States.
• It was established in 1956 as the private sector arm of the World Bank Group to advance economic development by investing in strictly for-profit and commercial projects that purport to reduce poverty and promote development.
• The IFC is owned and governed by its member countries, but has its own executive leadership and staff that conduct its normal business operations.
2. Ans: a
• The Reserve Bank of India has allowed white-label ATM operators (WLAOs) to display advertisements pertaining to non-financial products/services within the WLA premises, among others.
• White label ATMs are set up by non-banking entities.
• A report notes that women’s participation in the country’s workforce has had a massive fall from 36.7 % in 2005 to a low 26 % in 2018.
• There are about 19.5 crore women employed in the unorganized sector or in unpaid work in the country.
• The lack of access to quality education and the widening digital divide limits women from gaining employable skill-sets and entering the workforce.
4. Ans: c
• Khurja Super Thermal Power Project- Uttar Pradesh.
• Buxar Thermal Power Project- Bihar.
• Teesta Hydro Power project- Sikkim.
• Kiru Hydro Electric (HE) Project- Jammu and Kashmir.
5. Ans: a
• The Campaign has been launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India in association with the NGO Breakthrough and Twitter India.
• Through the campaign, the Ministry aims to recognize the fortitude of Indian women stalwarts from across the globe who have used the power of social media to run positive & niche campaigns to steer a change in society.
• The Campaign is aimed at encouraging, recognizing and acknowledging the efforts of these meritorious Women.