Daily Quiz: 30th April 2019
1.Which of the following statements are true?
1. India’s strategic crude oil storages are currently located at Visakhapatnam, Mangaluru and Padur.
2. Combined with an existing storage capacity of, the new strategic petroleum reserve facilities will help support 22 days of India’s crude oil requirements.
a) 1 only
b) 2 only
c) Both 1 and 2
d) Neither 1 nor 2
2. The SFURTI scheme is associated with?
a) Regeneration of Traditional Industries
b) Promotion of Jan Dhan Yojana
c) Elimination of Malaria
d) Scholarship to Minority Students
3. Consider the following statements:
1. Global Wage Report is published by The International Labour Organisation
2. According to the report India recorded the highest average real wage growth in South Asia during 2008–17.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
4. Which of the following statements are true?
1. The Inclusive Wealth Report ranks 140 countries using the Inclusive Wealth Index, a tool that assesses a country’s ability to “look after its wealth in a way that is sustainable and safeguards its future generations”
2. It is published by World Economic Forum.
a) Both 1 and 2
b) 1 only
c) 2 only
d) Neither 1 nor 2
5. Panmunjom Declaration is associated with?
a) Peace in Indian Ocean region
b) Unification of the Korean Peninsula
c) Counter Terrorism declaration by OPEC countries
d) Atoms for peace organisation
1. Ans: c
- India’s strategic crude oil storages are currently located at Visakhapatnam (1.33mt), Mangaluru (1.5 mt) and Padur (2.5mt).
- Two additional 6.5 million tonnes (mt) of strategic crude oil reserves are being set up as part of India’s evolving energy security architecture.
- Combined with an existing storage capacity of 5.3mt, the new strategic petroleum reserve facilities will help support 22 days of India’s crude oil requirements.
- The new SPR (strategic petroleum reserve) facilities at Chandikhol (Odisha) and Padur (Karnataka) will be underground rock caverns.
- These will have capacities of 4mt and 2.5mt respectively.
2. Ans: a
- SFURTI is Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries.
- Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Govt. of India has launched this scheme in the year 2005 with the view to promote Cluster development.
- As per the revised guidelines, the following schemes are being merged into SFURTI:
- The Scheme for r Enhancing Productivity and Competitiveness of Khadi Industry and Artisans
- The Scheme for Product Development, Design Intervention and Packaging (PRODIP)
- The Scheme for Rural Industries Service Center (RISC) and
- Other small interventions like Ready Warp Units, Ready to Wear Mission, etc.
3. Ans: c
- The International Labour Organisation recently released the Global Wage Report 2018/19.
- India recorded the highest average real wage growth in South Asia during 2008–17.
- India led the average real wage growth in 2008–17 at 5.5 against a regional median of 3.7.
- Following India was Nepal (4.7), Sri Lanka (4), Bangladesh (3.4), Pakistan (1.8) and Iran (0.4).
- Workers in Asia and the Pacific have enjoyed the highest real wage growth among all regions over the period 2006–17.
- This reflects more rapid economic growth than in other regions.
4. Ans: a
- Inclusive wealth index, as part of the Inclusive Wealth Report 2018 has been released by the UN Environment and partners.
- The Inclusive Wealth Report (IWR) is a biennial effort led by the UN Environment to evaluate the capacities and performance of the nations around the world to measure sustainability of economy and wellbeing of their people.
5. Ans: b
- The Panmunjom Declaration for Peace, Prosperity and Unification of the Korean Peninsula was adopted between the Supreme Leader of North Korea, Kim Jong-un, and the President of South Korea, Moon Jae-in, on April 2018, during the 2018 inter-Korean Summit on the South Korean side of the Peace House in the Joint Security Area.