Daily Quiz – 3rd April 2019
1. Which of the following incidents are associated with Warren Hastings’s period as Governor General of Bengal?
(a) 1st Maratha war
(b) Charter act 1813
(c) Ryotwari system
(d) 1st Afghan war
2. Kandhamal Haldi (turmeric) is cultivated at?
2. Tamil Nadu
3. Which of the following statements are true?
1. Industries or Index of Industrial Production (IIP) is a monthly production index.
2. It contains index, production and growth of Eight Core Industries
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
4. Graded Response Action Plan defines the measures to take based on air quality on the basis of which of the following pollutants in air?
(b) PM 2.5 and PM 10
5. Saubhagya yojana is related to?
b) Self Help Groups
c) Secondary education
d) Health insurance
Warren Hastings (6 December 1732 – 22 August 1818), an English statesman, was the first Governor of the Presidency of Fort William (Bengal), the head of the Supreme Council of Bengal, and thereby the first de facto Governor-General of India from 1773 to 1785.
The First Anglo-Maratha War (1775–1782) was the first of three Anglo-Maratha wars fought between the British East India Company and Maratha Empire in India. The war began with the Treaty of Surat and ended with the Treaty of Salbai.
Warren Hasting was the Governor General of Bengal during First Anglo Maratha war.
2. Ans: a
Odisha’s Kandhamal Haldi (turmeric), famous for its healing properties, has received GI tag.
The Index of Eight Core Industries or Index of Industrial Production (IIP) is a monthly production index, which is also considered as a lead indicator of the monthly industrial performance.
It is compiled and published monthly by the central statistical organization (CSO).
The current base year of IIP is 2011-2012.
It contains index, production and growth of Eight Core Industries (Electricity, steel, refinery products, crude oil, coal, cement, natural gas and fertilizers)
Graded Response Action Plan defines the measures to take based on air quality on the basis of PM 2.5 and PM 10 in the atmosphere.
Based on the air quality the grades have been classified as Emergency, Severe, Very Poor and Moderate poor.
It will be enforced by the Environment Pollution Control Authority (EPCA).
5. Ans: a
The scheme covers both urban and rural households. Under it, free electricity connections are provided to below poverty line (BPL) households, while other households have to pay ₹500 for the connection.This is recoverable by the power distribution company in 10 instalments along with the electricity bills.
You may also like...