National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 10th May 2018
MeitY launches internship scheme for Tech students
- In an effort to enhance skills of the youngsters, Ministry of Electronics and Information technology (MeitY) on Wednesday has launched ‘Digital India Internship Scheme’ portal in which a token of Rs 10,000 will also be offered to interns as remuneration per month.
- The MeitY’s internship scheme will offer 25 slots in each session – summer and winter
- The portal will facilitate students to apply online for internship and its aim is to provide an opportunity to secure first hand and practical work experience under the guidance of a mentor.
- The internship scheme will enable the young students to learn closely about working of transformative initiative of Digital India.
- It will also give exposure to the students about technology policy and decision making of government of India
- The two-month internship (extendable to three months) will start from next month and a certificate will be given to the students on completion of the internship and submission of report.
- Students with minimum 60 per cent marks in the last degree or certificate examination and students who are pursuing B.E./ B.tech (second/ third year) or integrated degree course/ dual degree (B.E/ B. Tech, M.E./ M. Tech) can apply for the programme.
- The proposed areas of internship include Research and Development in Electronics and IT, Cyber Law/ IT Act, Digital Forensics, Malware Analysis, Mobile Governance, Cloud Computing, Digital Literacy, Software/ Hardware Industry Promotion and Digital Payments.
You may also like...